Monday, May 7, 2012

Treatment of Pulmonary embolism

1. Anticoagulation: Heparin + Warfarin. Stop Heparin after 5-7 days when Warfarin may've kicked in. Target is INR of 2-3

2. IVC filter:
if heparin is contraindicated
if recurrent embolic event even while on heparin or therapeutic Warfarin (INR 2-3)
if there's severe disease with right ventricular dysfxn and enlargement. The next embolus could be fatal so put a filter


3. Thrombolytics (t-PA- tissue plasminogen activator): if patient is too unstable or if there's RV dysfxn

Aspirin is useless in PE

Note: watch out for HITT with heparin therapy. - monitor cbc
HITT:
Patient on heparin
Thrombocytopenia
5-10 days after start of treatment
New thrombus or expansion of old one
Mgt: stop heparin, give thrombin inhibitor: Argatroban or lepirudin

Do not transfuse platelets in HITT

1 comment:

  1. God bless Dr. USELU for his marvelous work in my life, I was diagnosed of HERPES SIMPLEX VIRUS since 2018 and I was taking my medications, I wasn't satisfied i needed to get the HERPES out of my system, I searched about some possible cure for HERPES i saw a comment about Dr. USELU , how he cured HERPES with his herbal medicine, I contacted him and he guided me. I asked for solutions, he started the remedy for my health, he sent me the medicine within 3 days. I took the medicine as prescribed by him and 2weeks later i was cured from HERPES contact him via email (dr.uselucaregiver@gmail.com) once again thanks to you Dr. USELU cure the flowing virus, contact his email or add him on whatsapp (+2349019328641) cancer cure
    diabetes cure
    ringing ear
    herpes cure
    warts cure
    HPV cure
    HIV cure
    get your ex back
    pregnancy herbal medicine
    Hepatitis  

    ReplyDelete